Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sleep schmeep. Who needs it?

Whoever it was that said a person needs 8-9 hours of sleep at night definitely wasn't a mom of a baby, a toddler and a 6-year-old.

Here's what last night looked like:

Bed at eleven. baby wakes up at midnight. pretend I'm asleep so hubby will have to get up. (I'll pay for that later.)get another hour of sleep. get up at 1:30am and ask hubby,
"did the baby wake up?"

he grumbles "yes."

I tell him "sorry, I didn't hear him. I'll handle him next time he wakes up." (Secretly smiling to myself)

We all go to bed. 20 minutes later, two-year-old wakes up coughing from a cold he has had for the past few days. wakes baby up who starts crying. i get up (see above promise). finally put baby back to sleep at two-ish or so. can't sleep. lay in bed thinking about my cookie business. finally go to sleep at three-ish or so. begins thundering and lightening. wakes baby but luckily he goes right back to sleep.

i don't.

Fall asleep again 30 minutes later only to wake up and realize there's no hot water in the bottle for the baby in the morning if the electricity goes out. get up at 4:00 am and boil water in the storm, hoping the lights don't go out before I finish. water done but there's something floating around in it. pour water out and start all over and decide to sterlize bottles this too. finish at 4:30 am. go back to bed. wake up at 6:00am and wait for the baby so I can begin my day.

So did the electricty go off, you ask?

Does it matter?

Good night/morning. I'm going back to bed.

Signed,

Wimpy Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment