Monday, May 4, 2009

Would someone please tell me when our job description changed to Superwoman?

...benefits, overtime and even lunch breaks NOT included.

Sheesh! I hate to sound like a whiner but let's face it, there is not enough money on this planet to pay stay-at-home moms. And if you give me the BS about raising a beautiful child is the reward itself, I'll take one of the many dirty diapers stuffed in the cushions of my couch and beat you with it.

I've worked outside the home and I know that on occasion you can take a long lunch, cut out early or even when the boss is out sick, relax most of that day. Well, when your boss is a screaming baby who is never OUT sick (notice I said OUT sick because when your little boss gets sick, that's when your non-paying overtime kicks in.) there are no breaks.

So sometimes I wonder why it is that I am attempting to take on more of a workload with my cookie company venture and the answer is quite simple. Honestly, I am looking forward to doing something with my daughter and even when they get older, my sons can partake in the business.

In hindsight, as much as I complain the more I understand how passionate I am about motherhood. That said, I KNOW there had better be a small square aqua colored box with Tiffany's printed on the top for me on Mother's Day. (Yeah, I said it!)

Signed,

Wimpy Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment