Thursday, April 30, 2009

We finally had the sex talk

Last night my husband complained that I'm more like a mother than a wife. My response was, "Ya think?"

The pressures of having 3 kids--especially with two boys under the age of 3--is extremely difficult. I almost feel like anyone with kids should get their own reality show whether or not you have thirty-two arms and legs running around. (That would be 8 kids, right?) Even as I type this, the baby is fussing but I am bound and determined to get this in.

When my husband complained last night, my first thought was that I agreed with him. My second, Would this be a bad time to start my cookie business? The truth is, I'm not a spring chicken anymore and I have been a wife and mother for nearly 10 years. While there's nothing wrong with that I want to earn my own money and be able to show Savannah, my 6 yr old daughter that there is such a thing as a SUCCESSFUL working mommy.
Savannah at the Community Service march for her school

Next blog I want to demonstrate that yup, I believe I'd be even more content as a working mom. (Look up the debates on that one;)

Signed,









Wimpy Mom

3 comments:

  1. Hi Wimpy Mom!

    Nice blog! I followed your link from Verla Kay's blueboards. I'm "writermama' over there.
    I understand where you're coming from completely. Now, I'm a working mom (I have 2 kids ages 6 and 9 1/2)and aspiring writer also. And it is hard, especially trying to carve out time to write at home. But I've got to hand it you--with 3 kids at home under 7. Whew! How do you do it? God bless you!

    Btw, what type of children's book do you write? Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, just wanted to tell you that your children's pictures are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Writermama. I see you all the time over at Verla's. It's hard with the kids and all but I'm really going to try to do this.

    I write MG and YA. And thank you very much for the compliments on my children.

    ReplyDelete